Achieving Your Best Outcome
Family law issues are often emotionally complex and legally complex. Getting a favourable result requires an expert understanding of the family law system, as well as having the means to negotiate a compromise that both parties can be satisfied with for the long term.
Our Gold Coast family lawyers are highly experienced in resolving family disputes outside the courtroom by leveraging their legal expertise and negotiation skills. We’ll help you avoid the expense of a lengthy and acrimonious court battle, delivering an outcome that serves the best interests of you and your family.
Comprehensive Gold Coast Family Law Services
O’Sullivan Legal’s family lawyers in the Gold Coast deliver effective and clear advice on a wide range of family law issues, including:
- Separation & Divorce
- Family Dispute Resolution
- Binding Financial Agreements
- De Facto Relationships
- Child Support
- Parenting Arrangements
- Property Settlement Matters
- Spousal Maintenance
- Domestic Violence/Family Violence
- International Family Law
- Wills & Estates
We aim to resolve family law matters quickly and efficiently
We Stand by Your Side
Working with O’Sullivan Legal means you’ll be represented by a best practice, family law firm with an unwavering commitment to serving your best interests. All of our family lawyers in the Gold Coast take the time to thoroughly understand your circumstances and needs so we can deliver precisely tailored legal services.
Work with an Experienced Family Law Expert
Our dedicated family law team comprises highly experienced professionals. They have handled all manner of family law matters ranging in complexity and have a strong track record of success.
Working for the Best Interests of the Child
At O’Sullivan Legal, all our family law services are delivered with an uncompromising ethical focus on protecting the best interests of your children. No matter how complex your dispute is, we ensure that the well-being of children is prioritised in all strategies and decision-making.
Punctual & Reliable Consultants
We place you as our #1 priority. When you work with an O’Sullivan Legal family lawyer, you can rely on them to be communicative, punctual, and engaged with your case. We’re here for you every step of the way.
Family Lawyers Gold Coast FAQs
Leave it Blank
What if you can’t afford a lawyer in Australia?
If you are unable to afford independent legal advice from a private family lawyer in the Gold Coast, there are other options available to you. Depending on the nature and seriousness of your family law matter, you can engage Queensland Legal Aid or community legal centres like the Gold Coast Community Legal Centre for free advice.
Leave it Blank
What types of matters are dealt with under the Family Law Act?
The Family Law Act provides the rules the Family Court must follow when determining outcomes in relationship breakdowns, with particular emphasis on child custody arrangements and the division of marital assets (property settlement).
Leave it Blank
How does family law work in Australia?
Family law in Australia regulates the legal responsibilities of family relationships, including marriage, divorce, child custody, child support, spousal maintenance, property division, and other related issues. It is primarily governed by the Family Law Act 1975. Disputes are typically resolved through mediation or court proceedings.
- Marriage & Divorce:Family law oversees the legalities of marriage and divorce. You can apply for a divorce after a year of separation.
- Child Custody & Support:It also deals with child-related matters, such as custody, visitation rights, and child support, aiming to prioritise the best interests of the child.
- Property Settlements:The law helps determine how property and assets should be divided after a separation or divorce. This is usually negotiated between parties and formalised through a consent order or binding financial agreement.
- Spousal Maintenance:In some cases, a person may have to financially support their ex-spouse after separation or divorce, which is determined based on ability to pay and various factors such as age, health, income, and care of children.
- Mediation & Dispute Resolution:The family law system encourages dispute resolution through family mediation before going to court to help parties reach an agreement without needing a judge’s decision.
- Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia: This court handles family law matters.
- Legal Aid:Legal Aid is available in Australia for people who cannot afford a lawyer and meet the eligibility criteria.