Applying for Consent Orders

Once you have reached an agreement, you can send this agreement to the Court. You will need to send;

1. An Application for Consent Orders requesting that the Orders be made;

2. A Minute of Consent Orders, setting out the terms of the agreement; and,

3. A filing fee.

The agreement is then assessed and approved by a Registrar, at which time the Orders become binding and enforceable. In assessing the agreement, the Court will consider whether it is just and equitable for all parties.

Enforcing Consent Orders

Once registered with the Court, consent orders are binding and enforceable. If you or any other party breaches the Orders, it can result in contravention or contempt proceedings. If needed, you can apply to vary or terminate the Orders.

Federal Circuit Court

Do you need to write, register, vary, or terminate an agreement with the Court?

Contact us here to find out how we can help you.

O'Sullivan Legal
Suite 15, Level 2, 123 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000
Copyright © 2013 – 2022 Family Law Legal – O’Sullivan Legal. All rights reserved. Website and SEO by SEO Shark – the leading SEO Agency in Sydney.